A little over 18 months ago, the Lord started prompting and nudging me to start a safe house for survivors of sexual exploitation and human sex trafficking. I was daunted (still am) with the task and selfishly struggled not wanting to take on this assignment. However, thank God, I surrendered and yielded to the Lords’ will. “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come”John 16:13. Learning this concept of trusting God early in my Christian walk built faith and made my life deeply meaningful. The Lord used my husband to confirm His will and direction; His plan slowly started to unfold along the way. Part of that plan was, though difficult, that the Lord summoned my husband, Jeff, home to glory quickly and unexpectedly at an early age (we had lots of great plans?) God knew exactly what he was doing as His plans and ways are always higher than our finite minds can comprehend. As the end of the year approaches, it’s time to look back and be thankful for the blessings bestowed upon us during our first year of ministry at Rahab Refuge Ministries. “Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people” 1 Chronicles 16:8. Here are just a few:
- IRS approved our 501c (3) federal tax exemption status.
- NY State approved our state tax exemption status.
- NY State Charities Bureau approved our Corporate Franchise tax exemption status.
- Wellspring Living monthly mentor-ship established.
- God gave (and continues to give) wisdom, discernment, and unity on our Board.
- Policies, procedures and manuals created and adopted.
- Over ten presentations at local churches.
- God provided a good pool of volunteers.
- Business volunteer provided to manage our website.
- Website Blog created.
- New Logo created with the help of website manager.
- Volunteer Liaison Manager established and provided.
- Four individual monthly donors established; four new monthly pledges pending.
- Nine business donors provided goods or services; food, shirts, shirt decals, advertising, prizes.
- Donation of 32 foot RV, carpentry services, materials, supplies, parts and tires for RV repair.
- Donation of head board, end tables, filing cabinets, bookcase, table and chairs, wiring, smoker gas grill, storage containers, projector, screen, and rolling cart.
- Successful 1st annual Refuge Run/Freedom Walk fundraiser.
- Positive media received from first run/walk fundraiser leading to additional outreach and donors.
- YTD monetary donations in excess of $20,000.
- Assisted survivor in NY with counseling and housing referrals.
- Assisted teen survivor with referrals for counseling.
- A man’s salvation via my business cards left on our donor box at local hardware store.
- Partnership forged with faith based organization.
- Memorandum of Agreement created with faith based safe house in Chicago.
- Amazon Smile account created (donations from your purchases/no cost to you).
During this Christmas season, I am so grateful for each one of you because we share in the great love of God; you and I can develop meaningful relationships when we exemplify His great love to others. Family friends recently donated a bunch of change they saved thru the year (they also place our donor boxes at their and other businesses). It yielded a nice donation that I know God will multiply. Maybe you have change you can spare that God will multiply for Rahab Refuge Ministries. From now thru December 31, 2021 when you give to Rahab Refuge Ministries a $5,000 dollar matching grant will double your donation. Let me encourage you to be faithful where ever the Lord has placed you “Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.” 1 Corinthians 4:1-2.
Make a one-time donation
Make a monthly donation
Make a yearly donation
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly